DSN: 942-2575 COMM: (904) 542-2575
Transient Office (Monday-Friday/0800-1400):
DSN: 942-3643/2239 COMM: (904) 542-3643/2239
Admin Office (TPU Staff Only) (Monday-Friday/0800-1400):
DSN: 942-1005 COMM: (904) 542-1005
Command Career Counselor (Monday-Friday/0800-1400):
DSN: 942-1338 COMM: (904) 542-1338
Per MILPERSMAN 1910-812, detaching commands shall ensure members have all required separation documents prior to affecting transfer to a separation activity. The parent command must submit two Salesforce cases for the member. The first Salesforce case will be for separation orders to TSC Norfolk CONUS commands or TSC YOKOSUKA for members that TPU JAX approved for separation from OCONUS commands. The second Salesforce case will be for the member’s DD214 and all separation documents will need to be uploaded per NPPSC checklist requirements and submission timelines. See NPPSC 1900/2 for a list of required documents.
Regular Leave is typically not authorized due to the short time you will be assigned to TPU. Separation Leave Chits must be routed and approved prior to arriving at TPU.
All Separation/Retirement Transients must transfer and report 21 days prior to PDTY/Sep LV/EAOS date, whichever date is earliest.
Please contact the Transient Office for “alternate place of separation request” message requirements or any questions/concerns.
PERSONNEL NOT AUTHORIZED ASSIGNMENT TO TPU:
- TPU does not accept Sailors in a restricted status. TPU is not disciplinary barracks or holding command for area commands’ Restricted or Legal-hold Sailors.
- TPU is not a medical transition company (MTC) for personnel receiving outpatient care (including psychiatric treatment) from a Medical Treatment Facility.
- TPU is not a holding unit for LIMDU/Pregnancy personnel. Those Sailors should be directed to your command’s ISIC.
- TPU is not a holding company for student dropouts from training commands.
- TPU does not accept members in a TAD/TDY status. PCS Orders are the only form of acceptance.