COR V is the lowest condition of hurricane readiness.
Destructive force winds (50 mph) are not expected.
Under COR V, personnel should:
- Plan several escape routes that lead well inland.
- Get the proper insurance for your residence. The government will not reimburse you for hurricane damage to your household goods in military quarters.
- Gather all important insurance and identification papers and put them in a waterproof container/bag.
- Choose someone well outside the affected zone (preferably out of the state) that everyone in your family can contact should you get separated.
- Ensure your vehicles are in good working order.
- Update your evacuation information with your chain of Command. Login to NFAAS to update your Personal / Recall information.