An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Visitor Information

Vehicle Registration

Hours of Operation:

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:  6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
  • Wednesday: 6:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
  • Weekend: Closed 
  • After hours temporary passes will be issued at the Main Gate

To get a temporary pass you must have military ID, drivers license, vehicle insurance, and license plate numbers.

Off-Base Vehicle Registration

To register your vehicle in Texas, you will need a Safety Inspection, Title and proof of insurance that meets Texas standards, 20/40/15. You can register at the Tarrant County Tax Office Location, 100 E Weatherford. For more information, call 817-884-1100.

Registration & Licensing Requirements:  Texas State law requires you to have sufficient liability insurance and a valid driver’s license in order to operate a vehicle. The term “vehicle” generally includes automobiles, motorcycles, vans, trailers and boats regularly parked or garaged overnight. Further, your vehicle must be properly registered. Even though you are in the Military, you may be required to register your vehicle in-state and obtain an in-state license within a few months of moving. Access complete information on insurance, driver’s licensing, and where and how to register your vehicle by visiting the State Department of Motor Vehicles website.

State Laws:  You and your passengers must always wear seatbelts while driving, you will be ticketed and issued heavy fines if seatbelts are not secured. State law requires that all children under 5 years and 36" in height be properly restrained in child seats. Some states also require younger, smaller children to sit in the back seat. Motorcycles and their operators are subject to special laws. If you own and operate a motorcycle, you must comply with those laws. Visit the State Department of Motor Vehicles website for more information.

Obtaining a Texas Driver's License:  When applying for a Texas driver's license, you will be required to show your birth certificate and social security card. If taking a driving test, you will also be required to have proof of insurance. Some Department of Public Safety locations in the area are:

3901 W. Arkansas: 817-274-1818 6318 Lake Worth Blvd 76135: 817-238-9197

6413 Woodway Dr: 817-294-1075

624 NE Loop 820 76118: 817-284-1490


Boat Registration:  You can obtain a Boat License through the Texas Parks and Wild Life Department. Call toll free, 800-792-1112 for more information. Cost is determined by length of boat and can be purchased at Law Enforcement and County Tax Assessors offices.

Long-Term Vehicle Storage on Base

Call (817) 782-6376 for information to store:

  • Vehicles
  • Campers
  • Boats

Google Translation Disclaimer

  • Google Translate, a third party service provided by Google, performs all translations directly and dynamically.
  • Commander, Navy Region Southeast, has no control over the features, functions, or performance of the Google Translate service.
  • The automated translations should not be considered exact and should be used only as an approximation of the original English language content.
  • This service is meant solely for the assistance of limited English-speaking users of the website.
  • Commander, Navy Region Southeast, does not warrant the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information translated.
  • Some items cannot be translated, including but not limited to image buttons, drop down menus, graphics, photos, or portable document formats (pdfs).
  • Commander, Navy Region Southeast, does not directly endorse Google Translate or imply that it is the only language translation solution available to users.
  • All site visitors may choose to use similar tools for their translation needs. Any individuals or parties that use Commander, Navy Region Southeast, content in translated form, whether by Google Translate or by any other translation services, do so at their own risk.
  • IE users: Please note that Google Translate may not render correctly when using Internet Explorer. Users are advised to use MS Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox browser to take full advantage of the Google Translate feature.
  • The official text of content on this site is the English version found on this website. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in translated text, refer to the English version on this website, it is the official version.

Commander, Navy Region Southeast   |   PO Box 102   |   Jacksonville, FL 32212-0102
Official U.S. Navy Website